Dudley Deaf Children’s Society is a local group run by parents and carers of deaf children working together with education and local health professionals. We support all families whose children have a hearing loss and cater for all communication needs whatever their preferred method may be.
National Deaf Children’s Society
We are affiliated to the National Deaf Children’s Society which is the national charity dedicated to creating a world without barriers for deaf children and young people. The NDCS sets out guidelines and principles which the DDCS, and all deaf children’s societies across the country, follow.
Dudley Deaf Children’s Society (DDCS) was started in 1977 and granted registered charity status (505645). The Constitution was adopted on 28th September 1977 and subsequently amended in September 1992. There are currently 5 named Trustees: Nick James, Helen Fox, Karen Forbes-Chapman, Vikki Pearce and Shelagh James.
We have a Welcome Pack!
DDCS have a Welcome Pack which includes:
- A Teddy Bear with ‘Passport’ giving contact details of our Chairperson, email address, and helpline phone number.
- Welcome Letter;
- DDCS Membership Registration Form;
- NDCS Membership Registration Form;
- Photograph Consent Form;
- Leaflet – You are not alone;
- Leaflet – Useful Names and Addresses;
- NDCS booklet – Family support;
- A handy ‘calling card’ with all DDCS contact information.